So, I’m sitting here in a quiet house. My kids are asleep and my husband is still working, checking out WordPress I notice that I’ve been nominated for a Leibster.
Now, if you’ve read my no to awards you know I don’t want to play these games, and yet I found myself wanting to do this one tonight. Jan of JANONLIFE nominated me a few days ago, and I felt really honored by it sitting here in the dark. So much so that I felt all warm and fuzzy about it. Probably because she said I could play or not play if I wanted to. I do love freedom from obligation and having permission to not play softens my strange defenses.
So, if you haven’t checked this wonderful woman’s blog out, I find her wit and charm flow through the computer effortlessly. One of Jan’s passions is connecting with the Indigo energy, a vibration near and dear to my heart.
Now, according to the rules I’m to answer questions that Jan set out for her nominee’s, and in her case she wants to know “11 of the most interesting or inspiring discoveries we have made on our journeys through Life.”
It’s funny because I was just thinking about all the things I don’t know about Life this morning…so now I’m going to give the opposite end to my thoughts this evening, very impromptu, I can’t promise I wont contradict myself … but here it goes,
11 of the most interesting or inspiring discoveries I’ve made in my life (up until now)
1) It’s OK to just be me. All the juicy, vibrant and exiting parts, as well as the bitchy, angry and volatile parts. There isn’t a part of me that needs to apologize for who it is in any given moment. I’m all those things and embracing them makes me whole.
2) Owning my anger, doesn’t give me license to pollute a room with my energy. I’ve learned to take ownership of where I am, and make it about me, no one else. There is no need to be ashamed of emotions, they make us human, and if we let them they will tell us if we are on the right track.
3) My body rocks! Women don’t often talk about how amazing the birthing process is. With one hospital birth, and one home delivery (midwife assisted), I feel like much of my strength and spiritual healing came through the magic of birthing. I faced fears, both known and unknown and came out the other side wiser. I now understand what it means to surrender everything to the everything, and use it in my spiritual journey everyday.
4) There is nothing you need to do in life, but there is something you need to be, and that is 100% honest with yourself.
5) Letting people see me is a two-way healing. As I learn to get raw with others, let down my energy shields and stand before those I love, open and vulnerable, not only do I heal myself but I set a space for others to heal as well.
6) No one will walk my path for me, there is no use waiting for a trail blazer to show me the way, my path is my own and it’s up to me to move forward.
7) Magic is real, it just doesn’t look like the movies say
8) Entering into people’s energy space is an intimate process, one that requires humility and an honoring of the person and yourself. Subconsciously (and consciously) we learn a lot just by sitting with another person and being present to the moment.
9) Ask and the answer comes forward, without fail, if you don’t like the answer change your vibration and it changes what the universe responds with; you always hold the control.
10) We are all just mirrors for each other, reflecting back what is needed.
11) I can’t get it wrong, and I’ll never get it done…it’s just not possible.
My next task, is to nominate 5 new Leibster Award recipients and set them my own eleven questions. But I think I will ask them to do the same as me “What are the 11 most interesting or inspiring discoveries they have made on their journeys through Life” …if they want to play that is 🙂
My nominations are:
longandluxe ~ her Peace, Love & Light ooze into cyber space, love her!
joyouswoman ~ she surrenders to the great mystery, I bow to her teachings
goddessarriving ~ bravely finds her voice
chaptertk ~tugs at my heart stings
filiztelek ~ just leaves me in awe
Should any or all of them choose to accept the nomination, I look forward to reading their revelations.